After the swarm of new blogs being set up by all our friends and family, Jonice and I have decided to follow the crowd and put ours up. Seeing as neither of us are particularly apt to write in our journals, this might be the last post we ever put up, but we'll see where it goes.
For all of you who don't keep in regular contact with us, I am about halfway through my second to last undergraduate semester here at the Y. I am scheduled, barring any unforeseen F's, to graduate this December with a BA in English and a BS in Genetics. I am about to start an LSAT prep course, and I will take the LSAT in June. Hopefully by this time next year I will have my acceptance letter to the University of Pennsylvania Law School and we will be counting down the days until we move back East.
Jonice and Rachel are keeping busy at home. Rachel is quickly learning to speak better, she is forming full sentences and learning how to count. Jonice, as usual, has a hundred different projects she is involved in aside from Rachel. They both enjoy visiting with our friends here in the ward, particularly with Melynda (who Rachel still calls "Nana"). It gets kind of hard sometimes trying to decide whether she is talking about Ana her cousin or Nana her friend.
Jonice has begun practicing the piano again, she is determined to learn to play. She is getting better, the progress is slow but she is working hard and has definitely improved over the last few months. She has also begun reading the classics, starting with Jane Austen and the Bronte sisters. After she gets done with those I will start introducing her to some of the others like Keats, Coleridge, Wordsworth, and Milton.
So, come back soon and we may have something more posted. If you post a comment, it's far more likely that we will continue, so let us know how you are doing as well.
Ben and Jonice
5 comments:
Great to see you have a blog! It's so fun keeping up with families through blogging! We have a bunch of links to Wymount friends' blogs on our blog, ours is just jimmyandesther.com. We put a link to yours on there too, but don't worry, it won't let anyone get through unless they are logged in with a user name that you guys have invited or allowed. Charlie Ostrander's blog is private too, hers is the "Runnin' in Circles" link.
Cute family picture! San Diego sounds so fun right now!
I like the blog...When did you go to San Diego...was that last February? or have I missed something?
Love the picture, you two look like the typical cute BYU family - good lookin, and happy... bet ya wish that you were in San Diego right now instead of in the past, considering all the snow all of us keep getting!
hmmm, San Diego sounds great, but mostly because it would mean no school....
Jonice,
It was so fun to see your blog, just found it. Looks like things are going well for you guys.Love-becca
Post a Comment