Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Orcs and Subalterns

So last week I got a note from the chapter of Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society here on campus in response to a paper I submitted for their annual undergrad paper competition. I have received an honorable mention for my paper, "Orc-Talk and the Subaltern: Cultural Relations in Film and Text" which I wrote for my senior capstone course in English. This was pretty exciting for me, especially as I am currently working on getting this paper published in the Journal of Modern Fiction with the help of my professor, Steve Walker. If you'd like to read the paper, I'd love to share it. Just email me and I will send it to you.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey! I was wondering when you guys would start a blog! How are you guys doing? I really want to come up to Wymount this week will you be around? Our blog is jakenielsonfamily.blogspot.com

Michael and Anita said...

That's awesome, Ben! That was a sweet class. Thanks for getting me in.

Hey, here's our blog: http://michael-anita.blogspot.com/