Monday, July 5, 2010

We are only four days into July, and we've already been busy.


Hannah, Asher's birthmom came out to visit a couple of days ago, she spent a few hours with us and Asher. We really enjoyed her visit.




Rachel has enjoyed having so many friends around over the last few weeks, she's really gotten a chance to show off.



She also really loves to be a big sister to Asher, she always wants to hold him and loves to cuddle with him in her bed.




We went down to the Gateway Arch in downtown St. Louis for the 4th of July fireworks on Saturday. We spent most of the day there by the Mississippi River and had a lot of fun with friends.









The firefighters were out spraying down kids and a bunch of the local attractions like the zoo had booths where the kids could go and do free little activities like making the hats Rachel and the other girls are wearing.








Asher gets serious when you try to take away his food.





There was an airshow, which Asher did not like, but it was pretty cool. They had a bunch of old fighter jets and the only privately owned Harrier Fighter Jet in the world. The Harrier does a vertical take off, and while it was there it did a slow rotation pattern where it hovered like a helicopter.


These guys put on a pretty cool show.


Asher chillin' like a villain.










Just before the fireworks.


Asher and his old man gumpa face..

6 comments:

Brittany H. said...

haha That's a great last picture! Looks like such a fun time--I love that holiday!

Teresa said...

Love that old man gumpa face and the one where he's laying on the grass holding his bottle. What a cutie. Looking at your pictures makes me really sad that we missed the fourth of July. There weren't a whole lot of festivities down here in Nicaragua :)

Aprylmarie said...

looks like you guys have had a blast. i love that little man, i bet he misses me :) call me lets hang out.

Unknown said...

Such cute pictures! Love Rachel's new hair cut- good job Jonice.
You all look so happy and cute as a family of four! I miss seeing you all- especially thought about how much we missed Ben hanging out with the "inlaws" and adding his hilarious sarcasm to the bunch, Jonice chatting and showing off her new little man, and Rachel running around with all the cousins last weekend. It wasn't the same without you all and I honestly can't wait till you come down. Jonice, if you hadn't heard we're doing the sister's retreat when you come down...if you can fit us in then.
Love ya and thanks for posting more pictures-so cute!

Krystal said...

I love all the pics....your kids are just adorable!

Melynda said...

Oh you guys...he is seriously the sweetest little boy ever! I have been such a horrible blogger these days and this is the first time I have been on your blog in FOREVER! I scrolled down through your old posts and just teared up seeing how happy you are with your sweet little boy and miss Rachel! We miss you guys SO much! I think about you daily and hope that you are doing well. I laughed so hard about Rachel's hair cut :) It sure is cute though...I love it that length. I miss her! It is funny now that Brynlee is 2 because she reminds me SO much of Rachel at that age. Justin and I say that all the time! We are so grateful and lucky to have friends like you and I hope you know how much we love you and how happy we are that you were able to get your sweet little guy here. I need your address! Would you mind emailing it to me? I have been meaning to send a gift for months now...yeah...I am a slacker. Anyways, know that we love you and think of you often. PLEASE PLEASE let us know when you ever head out to Idaho or UT...we will come up to see you!