
Today was the last day of classes for my 1L year at WashU. It's good to be almost done with this year. Two weeks and 3 tests will finish me up and may determine what we are doing next year...
This summer I'm working in the legal department at Monsanto. For those of you who don't know what that is, check it out. Monsanto is the largest producer of seed corn in the world, and is one of the leaders, really the leader, in plant biotechnology. Since my degree is in Plant Genetics and Biotechnology I'm a perfect fit for what Monsanto does; in fact, Monsanto is one of the major reasons I chose St. Louis and Washington University over many of the other schools I got into. Getting to work at Monsanto is literally a dream come true. We were very blessed to land the job as well. Originally the program I applied through was going to take one student from each of the three law schools in St. Louis, but instead they took two from WashU and only one from another school. Aside from the experience I'll gain this summer, the best part of the whole deal is that I'm getting paid.
Now that school is out I'll try and post more often, we'll see how that goes.
Ben
No comments:
Post a Comment