We met with the mother, Hannah, on Tuesday, May 4. It was a pretty awesome meeting. We got to spend a couple of hours with her and her parents and her little boy Asher. We left the meeting hopeful but cautious about getting too excited. On Wednesday our caseworker emailed and let us know that Hannah had made the final decision and wanted to give us the baby on Sunday.
What a wonderful Mother's Day gift, one we will always be grateful for. Yesterday we went and met with Hannah again, and though we know she made and kept the hardest decision she will likely ever make in her life yesterday, we are so glad and amazed by her selflessness.
We got to bring Asher home yesterday, he's a beautiful boy and we love having him as part of our family. This experience has really opened our eyes to the love that these young mothers have for their children. Remember them in your prayers, and ask God to bless them for their sacrifice.
13 comments:
COngratulations you guys! We are so excited for you. What a cute and sweet little guy he is. You can tell Rachel already adores him. We miss you and good luck.
i have been checking constantly to see pictures. he is adorable! you guys look great together. maybe one day you can give us pointers. i am thrilled for you! em is sleeping with the blanket jonice made for her right now. it makes me miss you guys! congrats.
CONGRATS!!! So happy and grateful for this little one that has come into your lives! He's adorable and I bet Rachel is super excited!
You guys are all just glowing in those pictures. You look so happy. I am so happy for you. Yay for adoption!
Wow! I am so happy for you! What a darling baby boy! Adoption is an amazing blessing! I will keep Hannah and her family in my prayers.
That is so neat! Asher is perfect! Rachel will be a wonderful big sister!
Such a wonderful whirlwind story! Congratulations!! Your family is so beautiful!
I can't wait to meet hime - he's adorable.
Congrats!! What a cute little guy!
Congratulations ! We are very happy for you and Asher. His mother was very brave and inspired to let him be a part of your family.
I don't doubt that you'll be great parents, because you already are.
You look all so happy on those pictures...
Love,
The Picards.
Wow!! I said it would be quick, but I never imagined it'd be that quick! Congratulations, you guys! I'm thrilled for you!
Wow! Congratulations!! That is so wonderful! I am so happy for your family! I haven't checked blogs in a while so I didn't even know. I'm so glad I logged on today! Asher is beautiful and you all look so happy. That is amazing how fast everything happened. Congratulations!
wow!
that is so so wonderful. what a blessing. we are happy for you! he's adorable. you two are such wonderful parents. and little rachel is getting so big and pretty. we should meet up sometime in St. Louis! :)
Post a Comment